“Writer-director [Noah Nuer] should get a real career boost from the seriocomic charmer.”
“A personal approach to cinematography, a unique style, compelling depth, touching and intriguing characters, a lot to think about. And heart… a lot of heart.”
Mark Gordon, Producer
Saving Private Ryan,
Grey’s Anatomy, Speed
Here is a sample of
Running time: 4'30...
Running time: 1’07...
Running time: 4'46...
Concept for a Series...
Running time: 2'55"...
Running time: 2’41...
Running time: 3’30...
Running time: 4’07...
Teasers for a Series...
Running time: 3’30...
Movie Extract: 3’03...
Current Projects in
The projects in this section are at various stages of development and available to be picked up by a producer. For more information, contact me.
I specialize in live-action narratives, in the following formats:
• FICTION FEATURES
My personal background and experiences (see the section below) have been quite diverse over the course of my life… or lives! This could be the reason why my film projects are quite an eclectic mix.
A little more
At 12, I discover acting. It’s a revelation: I want to drop out of school. At 14, to give me a chance to act (as well as keep me in school), my parents buy me my first video camera. I discover directing and catch the cinema bug. Is it serious doc? There are no cures. So I write, I shoot and I edit. All of it feeding my true calling: directing.
DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY
Whether I’m working as a cameraman for broadcast television, for L’Oréal or for my own movies, I’m always exploring how my visual choices can support the emotional tone of the piece.
I wrote a few full-length features scripts, many short pieces and a web series. As an author, I am a constant student of the art of telling stories, and of what can be communicated seamlessly.
I often edit my short movies, and I co-edited my first feature. At this stage, courageous sweeping choices and tiniest tinkering are pivotal for the magic to take.
My life story is atypical and filled with experiences that seem far away from the entertainment business. These pivotal moments have not only enriched and deepened me, they’ve pushed me to develop important skills useful to my filmmaking:
I enjoy collaboration and team work. In fact, I think leading a film crew is one of my fortes. I have honed this skill by successfully running Learning as Leadership, a training, consulting and coaching company. I still serve today as Chairman of the Board.
Writing and directing actors requires a subtle understanding of human psychology. For more than 20 years, I have coached teams and individuals to unlock their unconscious mechanisms and group dynamics. I have also collaborated with academics from Harvard and Stanford and co-authored papers.
I am the CEO of BSC Productions which I cofounded in 1996. I have produced many of my own movies, including my first feature. I intimately understand that a movie is part art and part business, and I strive to bring the two together.
And a look at
• Co-directing on a French TV program episode
• American director on “One Day”
• Script doctor on “Ostensiblement”
• Request for proposals for Volvo Trucks
• Development of the half-hour comedy series “Liz in Paris”
• Directing three commercials for the Michelin tires
• Development of the 10×10 slasher series “Don’t Blink”
• Development of the half-hour comedy series “Super Ordinary Heroes” for NBC
• Adaptation/Directing of “Beyond the horizon” (Brazil), a short movie for MICHELIN
• Writing/Directing of “Beyond the horizon” (Thailand) a short movie for MICHELIN
• Directing/Filming of “Hollyweb,” a weekly webshow for BNP PARIBAS on how the digital revolution is creating a new Hollywood
• Development of the series “The Addicts” (English)
• Development of the live-action fiction feature “Fidelity” (English)
• Directing of a series of short fictions (tutorial) for l’OREAL (French)
• Directing of the music video of “Nadine” for Padam (French)
• Co-Creator of the Web series Gnome Syndrome (French & English)
– Outstanding translated sketch comedy series – L.A. Web Fest 2011
– Outstanding visual effects translated comedy series – L.A. Web Fest 2011
– Special Mention at the Disturb Awards 2010
– Dailymotion homepage selection – already 150 000 views
– Selected at French Comic Con’ in 2011 and 2010
• Screenwriting and Co-Directing of the short ”Wild Side” (4mn30 • English)
– Dailymotion homepage Video Start Selection – 100 000 views
– Selected in 7 festivals worldwide and sold in 2 countries
• Screenwriting and Co-Directing of the short “Tournez à droite” (3mn30 • French)
– Jury’s Special Mention – Effet Star International Film Festival 2008
– Selected in 7 festivals worldwide and screened in over 80 cities
• Co-Directing of the short “Les Professionnels“ (9mn • French)
• Directing of the pilot of the TV series “Sans Commentaires” (26mn • French)
• Directing of the feature “Cavalcades” (a.k.a Get a Way) (88mn • French)
– Best foreign – Rhode Island Int’l Film Festival 2002
– Audience Award – Tiburon Int’l Film Festival 2003
– Honorable Mention Feature Film Category – Valleyfest 2003
– Selected in over 17 festivals around the world
• Directing of the short “Un dimanche à Bénerville” (5mn • French)
– Selection Very Short International Festival 2002
– Selection Caen Festival 2001
• Directing of the short “Roue Libre” (5mn • French)
• Directing of the short “6 étages sans ascenseur” (6mn • French)
• Directing of the short “On a le mérite d’exister” (11mn • French)
– Selection Caen Festival 1997
• Directing of the documentary “Rencontres 95” (37mn • French)
– Broadcast on National French Television (Fr2) – sept 96
QR Code to download
my contact info on your phone
Language: bilingual English & French. Understands the subtitles of both cultures.
Citizenships: can legally work in Europe, USA or Canada
Equipment: can operate most cameras, own equipment
Get in touch
SEND ME A MESSAGE